- Tasked with the annual Community Excellence Awards event.
- The Committee meets at least monthly starting in October every year.
- The committee itself is tasked with sourcing out nominations either through their own local observations or through business connections they may have.
- We are always looking for more people to be part of this committee.
- Chaired by Bill Collette with other local people involved.
- Tasked with improving the business climate in the Alberni Valley
- Projects on the go includes SHOP LOCAL - known here under various different themes including: Try Home First,
- Chaired and managed by Bill Collette with staff support
Government Relations Committee
- Tasked with analyzing various City, Regional and Provincial documents, bylaws and overall policy, the Government Relations Committee is our most active and involved committee.
- Meeting monthly at the Chamber office (Every 2nd Tuesday at 7:30am) the GR Committee welcomes new members and input.
- The Committee routinely offers suggestions to City Leaders on Bylaw recommendations and through our suggestions. We have seen a number of adjustments to policy.
- Committee members include: Chair Michael Moore, Bill Collette, Peter Mugleston, Brad Minton, Sharie Minions, Bill Brown, Bob Cole & Jan Lavertu.
- WE WELCOME NEW MEMBERS OF THIS ALL IMPORTANT COMMITTEE.
- Tasked with maintaining our general membership and attracting new members to the Chamber as well as maximizing membership benefits and communications.
- Chair of the Committee is Director - Peter Wienold
Junior Achievement Committee (On Hold)
- Tasked with delivering the provincial Junior Achievement program in SD 70 schools.
- A volunteer team of "mentors" present "business in the real world" classes to SD 70 students. Volunteers always welcome.
- Chaired by Bill Collette.
COVID Relief Committee
The Chamber plays an integral part of the local COVID Recovery Program. Chaired by the Economic Development Manager for the City of Port Alberni the Chamber sits on the committee alongside Community Futures Alberni-Clayoquot, Alberni Valley Employment and the Port Alberni Port Authority representatives. The Chamber's representative is Bill Collette - CEO.
The Chamber of Commerce also has representation on several other local organizations including:
- Alberni Valley Tourism: Bill Collette
- Alberni Valley Bulldogs: Suzanne Dube
- Heritage Committee - Bill Collette
- Port Alberni Community Action Team - Terry Deakin